Despite increasing healthcare inflation and economic pressures, Bonitas have managed to keep the weighted average for contribution increase at 8.7% for 2018.
The increase is staggered across all plans. A 7.9% increase was announced on Primary, BonSave and Bonfit – options designed to appeal to younger and healthier families.
An 8.9% increase was revealed on Standard, Standard Select, BonEssential and BonCap. A 9.9% will be applicable to all other options.
To provide members with better healthcare, Bonitas has added further value to plans with new and improved benefits:
- Childcare –bonitas introduces Babyline to assist parents in keeping their little ones healthy.
- Screening for congenital hypothyroidism
- Infant hearing screening benefit
- New benefit for contraceptives – paid from risk with an annual Rand limit applicable to your plan option.
- Improved WELLNESS EXTENDER – maximizing your benefits with limits increased by 15% on all plans
- Unlimited terminal care on all options.
- Separate dental benefit added to BonFit
- Preventative care boosted
- Introducing the Mental Wellness programme